Thursday, May 25, 2006

Soul Patrol!


I must say that I'm not surprised that Taylor won, and I do love him dearly. At the risk of getting kicked right out of the state of Alabama, I am still going to maintain that Kat is the better singer. I LOVE Taylor's voice...very original and I'm sure I'll buy his album, but I'll also buy hers...and you KNOW she'll have one! I enjoyed the finale...even if it was quite drawn out. OK...I gotta give my best and worst moments of the show. Best: The little "Clay Aiken" guy that was so pitiful...when Clay came out! OH MY WORD! I thought the poor guy was either going to have a heart attack or wet his pants! That was hilarious! The worst...BY FAR, was Meatloaf! HELLO?? What in the world!!! Kat should've won just for being able to stay on key trying to sing with him! She did great during that song, and I honestly don't know how she was able to do that well when he was so off! Anyway, there's my opinion of the show!!

Now, I wanted to post a few pictures from the UPWARD soccer banquet. We had a good time and I think it was a great community outreach. These pictures are my favorites of the ones I took.
The first one is before we left for the banquet.

The second is of Macy and her friend Abby.

And the third is of Macy with her soccer ball that all the kids received at the awards.


Now, to update you all on what's going on with my wrist surgery. I have to be at the surgery center at 10:15 in the morning. My surgery is scheduled for 11:15. Feel free to say a prayer for me during that time! I went for my pre-op yesterday, and the nurse told me that it would take longer for them to get me bandaged up after the surgery than it would take the doctor to actually do it! That's pretty nutty! It sounds like I shouldn't even be there all that long. I will have IV sedation, but it's not general anesthesia. She said that I will probably "nap" and won't have a clue what's going on, but it won't be something that it takes me half a day to wake up from. She feels like I'll only be in recovery about 45 minutes (make sure I feel OK, get something to drink, etc...). So, that's the latest on that situation. I'm glad to know that is must not be as involved as I had imagined, but I'm still not excited about the IV. At least with the actual surgery, I won't know what's going on. I HATE IV's.

That's all I've got for today! Bear with me, as it might be a little while before I post again. I will at least post a short blog to let you all know how my surgery went, but since it might take me a while to type, it won't be much! Thanks in advance for your prayers!! Have a great weekend and a good Memorial Day!!

No comments: