Friday, May 12, 2006

Reality Check!


Well, I wanted to show a picture of the lovely flowers that I received from my husband today for Mother's Day. This picture was taken from above the vase so that you could tell more about them. The thing that struck me funny about the situation was this: I had put the kids down for naps and gone straight to the kitchen to get a stew and some cornbread mixed up for supper tomorrow night (it has to cook in the crockpot all day and I'm not going to be home tonight and am leaving early in the morning...in case you wondered why I was mixing it up now). So, I've been standing in the kitchen all this time...I sit down long enough to call the fire station and thank him for the lovely flowers. He says, "Oh, did you get them? Do you like them?" Of course I do. I told him as much, to which he replies, "Are you going to do any laundry? I need my UPWARD shirt for tomorrow!" Happy Mother's Day to me...now back to reality!

No comments: