Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Just When I Think Things Are Looking Up...

Well, my day was starting off a little better. I woke up in a little less of a funk and went about my day. I dropped Macy off at school and Brady and I headed over to the Y. Then, I left there, did some Mother's Day card shopping and went to the fire station to visit Jarrod. My plan was to go home, shower, and eat lunch before picking Macy up from school. Bear in mind, I've been to the Y, so I've got on work out clothes and a cap and not a drop of make-up. While I'm sitting at the fire station at around 11:00, my cell phone rings. It's the director of the pre-school. She said, "Are you picking Macy up today?" I said, "Yes." I am assuming she meant after school. She said, "Well, we just wondered if you were coming, or if she needed to ride with her teacher." Then it hit me like a ton of bricks...her end of year party that was listed on the calendar for tomorrow had been moved to TODAY! I was supposed to have picked her up at 10:45 and taken her to another location for the party. I was also supposed to bring her a lunch. So, you can imagine how embarrassed I was...not only that I had forgotten everything, but I had to go to her party looking like a HAG (while all the other cute little stay-at-home moms sit there fully made up in their cute little outfits)!! In my defense, it's been a week since they told us about the change. They sent home a reminder on Thursday, but Macy wasn't at school Thursday! That'll teach me not to make the changes on my calendar!! So, needless to say, my fairly chipper mood was gone in about 30 seconds!

SO...fast forward. I'm getting better because my kids just left to spend the evening with my in-laws, and I can focus on three things that will make my evening happy!

Number 1: GIRLFRIENDS!! I'm having dinner with 2 of my best friends. That always brings a smile to my face!

Number 2:

Yes, I think that I've officially decided that Kat is probably my top choice (ask me if I feel the same way tomorrow). I love Taylor and Chris a lot too...I guess I just think that Kat is probably the most versatile of them all.

Number 3:

So, not only have I got some American Idol to watch tonight, thanks to the fact that the Marlins are playing the Braves, I've also got some baseball to watch! It really stinks that we can't watch Josh and the Marlins on a regular basis. That's one reason I'm anxious for them to play the Braves. They play a series this week and next! Yeah!

So, now that I have bored you all to tears with the mundane details of my day, I must go get ready for my dinner with the ladies!

No comments: