Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Countdown Begins...

This is a little bit of a busy week for me. I know that you all are frantically checking my blog, eagerly anticipating the exciting things I have to share, but please, don't get too excited! I don't have a lot to share, I just thought I would fill you all in a little on what's going on with the Wallace's this week.

Tonight, we have the UPWARD soccer awards night. (I wanted to put some kind of picture on this post...how do ya like the soccer ball trophies?!)
Anyway, it will be very neat, I'm sure. We're expecting a huge crowd. There are 170 kids playing from all over the community, so if they all come and bring their family members, we should have a pretty packed house! It will be such a good conclusion to our spring season. All the kids are going to receive a soccer ball with the UPWARD logo on it. I know they will like that. I wish that you'd say a little prayer that the banquet goes well and that we will be able to bring others to Christ through this ministry.

In more news, as you might have read in one of my first blogs, I'm having wrist surgery. Well, it is already time! It seems like it got here awfully quick!! My surgery is Friday, so that is the main reason that my week is a little busy. I have my pre-op tomorrow. I am trying to make sure that the house is in order and the laundry is done before I go "under the knife." I just don't know what to expect. He has told me that I'll have stitches for 2 weeks, as well as some sort of cast or dressing that he doesn't want me to get wet. I just figure that I'll be in enough pain and inconvenienced enough that I won't be doing housework for a few days. So, I'm going to continue to work toward the goal of getting my house ready for the next few days. I wish you'd also say a little prayer for me and my nerves about this surgery. Also, pray that my kids will be good during my recovery! Brady is doing GREAT with his potty training, but he doesn't want to use his little potty chair, he wants to sit on the big potty...that's fine, except that I'll be having to lift him up there. I need to think of a way to make the "little potty" more appealing to him!

So, there's the story of my week. I usually say at least SOMETHING about American Idol on my Tuesday post, but this week is a little different. I am usually looking forward to shipping the kids off to the in-laws so that I can park in front of the TV for the evening and watch, but not tonight. We have that banquet, so the in-laws are only taking Brady. Then, we'll be at the banquet during American Idol, so I'll have to watch it when I get home. I don't know what to expect tomorrow night! I think Taylor will win, but it won't totally shock me if Kat gets it! They'll both do great from this point!!

Have a great Tuesday!!

"for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose."Phil. 2:13

No comments: