Thursday, May 18, 2006

Random Thoughts...


Shall we start with a proper farewell to Elliot Yamin? He is a great singer and a seemingly great guy...very humble and emotional. I really like him...but I do think, personally, that America made the right choice. I still can't believe that there was less that 1 percentage point seperating all 3 of them! Wow! I do believe he'll make an album, and I think it'll be good! Not to mention...I'll be seeing him, along with the the other top 9 in Birmingham on August 8th! WOOOHOOO!! I'm SO excited!

Now, in other news...Potty training is going well at my house! HA! It is amazing to me, really, how well Brady has done. It's true what they say about when the child is ready, they'll do it. He just decided one day, after weeks of me trying to get him interested, that he would start using the potty. I had to share this picture of him with his new haircut...in his training pants. He looks like SUCH a big boy!!

The funniest thing that has happened in the process happened last night. I went over to a girlfriends house for a little birthday party and to watch American Idol, and my cell phone rang. It was Brady. He was calling to tell me that he had poo pooed in the potty! Well, that in itself was exciting news, because that is one area of the potty training that hasn't been going so well. So, then, I got the better news. Not only had he done it in the potty, he had told his daddy that he needed too!! Yeah! We usually have to "catch him in the act." So, things are looking up around here! I know you are all thrilled to be reading a blog about poop. Hey, if you're a person that has ever potty trained, you'll appreciate this blog!

Now, I couldn't close this blog without also posting a picture of the the elder Wallace child...the future nurse.

What's funny about this is that it's a recent development. She's always told me that when she grows up, she wants to be a mommy. I think that is so sweet. Sometimes, she'll say she wants to be a mommy and a teacher or something like that. Well, at her preschool graduation last week, after they called out their name, the would say, "When Macy grows up, she wants to be a ....." Well, I was so excited and looking forward to when it was Macy's turn, because I thought it would be so sweet to hear, "When Macy grows up, she wants to be a mommy." I could just hear the audience saying, "awwwww." Well, to my surprise, the booming voice said, "When Macy grows up, she wants to be a nurse." Well, that was the first time I had ever heard that! It was pretty funny!! So, now, that seems to be the career she's hung up on! Fine with me!! We'll see what she says next week!

Well, I'm off for my stroll around the block. Have a great Thursday!!

No comments: