Monday, May 01, 2006

No Pressure!


Sometime over the past few years, my good friend Jeanne taught a ladies class at church. She passed out this poem that I have since had posted on my medicine cabinet in my bathroom. It has been there for so long, that I don't give it the attention that I used too. Boy, did it hit me when I made a point to read it again today. For those of you who have daughters...or those of you who are in a position of influence over any young ladies, please give this a look!!

A LITTLE GIRL FOLLOWS ME
A careful teacher I want to be.
A little girl follows me.
I do not dare to go astray
For fear she'll go the self-same way.

I cannot ever escape her eyes.
Whatever she sees me do she tries.
Like me she says she's going to be,
The little girl who follows me.

She thinks that I am good and fine,
Believes in every word of mine.
The base in me she must not see,
The little girl who follows me.

I must remember as I go
Through summer's sun and winter's snow
I am building for the years that be
For that little girl who follows me.

No comments: