Friday, July 28, 2006

It's Over!!

Well...it's done! One of the places I probably dislike most in this world, and I've managed to go there, get it over with, and not have to go back for a very long time (if ever)!! I told you all in a previous post that Macy did so great getting her shots, so this was her reward. It really wasn't too bad. We got there right at 11:00 and there was only 1 church group there! Luckily, they were older than Macy and Brady, so they were playing some of the games and things that my kids didn't care much about. The main time I started to get a little restless was standing in line behind a million pokey kids waiting to cash in the tickets. You know, they have little "counters" now, so all you do is feed it your tickets and it spits out a receipt telling how many you had, then you take it and collect your trash, I mean prize. So, they were selling cotton candy for $1.99. We only had 84 tickets, and all we could get for that was junk. What Macy really wanted was the cotton candy, so rather than stand in line behind all the same kids that had been in front of me at the ticket counter, I just pretended like I used the tickets to get the cotton candy! Pretty clever, huh?! Then, everyone was happy! The kids were really great...they didn't whine when I said, "Here is your cup of tokens and that's all you're getting." They didn't whine when I said, "When I say it's time to go, I don't want to hear any complaints." And they didn't even whine when I decided that it was time to go because it was starting to smell like dirty, sweaty children!!

So, now on to one of my more favorite places to go and somewhere that I don't get to go very often at ALL...George's. For those of you that don't know, it's a steakhouse, and it's YUMMY. My in-laws are taking me for my birthday (since we left for the beach the day after my birthday, this is really the first real chance we've had to go out). I'm looking forward to a nice quiet dinner without electronic mice, dogs, and gorillas singing to me and a bunch of kids running around yelling and emitting their germs all over everything! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Amy F said...

Nothing to do w/your blog but I had to tell you. I was talking to someone yesterday about your kiddos. Tell Macy that she makes my day every time I see her. That's EXACTLY what I had hoped it would be like when my friends have children. She makes me feel loved. And you know what? I KNOW that's because you have made sure she knows me. :) I love that girl and her mother.

Amy F said...

P.S. Not that I don't love Brady! I love Brady! He's into that 'you're a girl' thing with me right now, though, and it's fun breaking through it!