Friday, July 14, 2006

A Big Day

Well...here it is. My 30th birthday. I guess that it's not a huge deal! Some people really struggle with it, but so far, I don't think I'm going to be one of those people. It is just a strange feeling...thirty. It's NOT old....no matter what we used to think. It just seems like you are really a grown up when someone asks how old you are and you say, "thirty." Lucky for me, I'm going to be too busy to dwell on it anyway.

We leave at about 5:00 in the morning to go to Gulf Shores. I cannot wait, but I have got SO much to do to get ready. I wasn't really able to get a whole lot done to get ready for the trip yesterday, because I felt like all I was doing was playing referee to my kids. They were nuts yesterday! For example, Macy comes to me crying because Brady has been hitting her over the head with a roll of wrapping paper! Good grief!

Last night was really nice. Mom and dad took the family to Olive Garden for my birthday dinner (side note: if you like mushrooms, you really must try the Ravioli di Portabello...YUM). It was actually quite funny, because the main reason we went there was because mom and dad had a gift card that was going to pay for most of the meal. Well, they lost our ticket in the kitchen, and we had been there well over an hour when we finally got our food, so it was on the house! Lucky for Al and Lou!! Then, we went back over to mom and dad's for cake and ice cream. I knew my in-laws were going to be there, but I was quite surprised that my accountability group showed up! It was fun. I got some nice gifts...money, jewelry, and the husband did great by getting me a massage and manicure from the new spa! Yeah! I must include a picture of the gift from mom and dad. I was SO happy!! I've been wanting this for probably 3 years or more:

I was very excited. Thanks mom and dad...what's a special gift for a special day! Thanks also to those of you that were there. It was so fun.

Well, I really must go. I'm sure you won't be hearing from me for over a week since we'll be at the beach. I don't think I'll have internet access, so until next time...

2 comments:

Amy F said...

Love the necklace but WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE BEACH!

Jen said...

Happy belated birthday, Meredith! I cannot believe that we're so grown up!!!