Friday, June 09, 2006

Update

Well, my sister-in-law and her family got to town on Wednesday. It was great to see them at church. I thought Macy was going to knock her down when she saw her. My dad commented that he'd never seen Macy move as fast as she did when she saw Etta walk in! They went house hunting in Tuscaloosa yesterday, and it looks as if they've already found a house. I'm happy for them, but I was hoping they'd be here just a little longer. It'll still be a little while longer, even if it all works out. With all the bank stuff, paperwork, inspections, etc...

We had a great day Wednesday for other reasons too. My dear friends, the Crisler's, came to town for the day. We had the best time. We went to mom and dad's and stayed around the pool most of the afternoon. I even have a little souvenir from that day...a sunburn that's killing me. It makes me mad at myself. I haven't had a sunburn in years because I've realized how careful I should be. I just had a moment of poor judgment!! Anyway, they were able to stay and worship with us, and I'm always glad to have them back. I hope they enjoyed it and were uplifted as much as I was!

I got my stitches out yesterday. It wasn't bad. I'm a wimp, and I was worried about it hurting. I'm happy to have them out, but sad because they put some steri-strips on it and told me to keep them on and keep it dry for a few more days! I was looking so forward to being able to jump in the shower without having to go through the routine of putting my waterproof dressing on there! Oh well...this too shall pass! It looks fairly ugly. I know that it still has a way to go, but I don't think it's going to be very subtle. I don't care...it is in a location that isn't very obvious...as a matter of fact, my watch will probably cover it up. Anyway, scars add character, right?? I'll bore you all with another picture in a day or so.

Lastly....I BEG FOR YOUR PRAYERS! You all might think that I'm crazy, but I really would like you to pray for me this weekend. I have to sing at a wedding. Fine. I usually don't get that nervous. I usually have someone singing with me. I usually stand in the back of the auditorium or in the balcony. Not the case. I have to sing BY MYSELF. I have to stand IN THE FRONT. I have NO ACCOMPANIMENT. NONE. No instruments, no soundtracks, nothing. Why, you ask? The church that she has chosen allows no such thing. Anyway, needless to say, I'm nervous, AND my throat seems a little "froggy" today. Great! Oh, and did I mention there are 11 songs on the list? ELEVEN!?!?!?!?!?! Now, I might not have to do them all, but I would be willing to bet that I'll do no less than 9. So, I guess what I'm asking you to pray for is: 1) I don't have a heart attack 2) My voice holds out

Well, that should catch you up on the "goings-on" in the life of the Wallace's this weekend. Hope you're not totally bored! Who knows, you might not have even made it to this paragraph!! Beware, in my next post, I'll let you all know how the wedding went. I guess there is even a chance that some of you might be there! YIKES! Now I really am going to throw up!

2 comments:

Maston Jackson said...

Tip your chin down, tuck your fanny under, make rich round tones, and let it flow. You are a Jackson and this isn't rocket science.
We will remember you as we pray!

Gena said...

You can do it! Your voice amazes me. Keep singing knowing we all love it.
Glad your stiches are history.