Thursday, June 15, 2006

On My Mind

I have had this song in my head for a couple of days now. It's a song that the chorus used to sing a long time ago when dad was still the director. I just thought I'd share it with you today as well...

"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sew love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. Oh Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen."

I know this is something that I need to hear from time to time. There are several things mentioned here that I need to work on. I pray that I live the life that God wants me to live...the life that models Christ for my children and that will win me a home in heaven with Him someday!! Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

Gena said...

"Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love..."

wow! it's like what wes said sunday- To love God for God, not what He offers. Thanks for the lyrics.

Tesney said...

Hey Meredith!
Of course I remember you. I cannot, however, believe that Macy is that old! I remember well when you got married 8 years ago! It's insane how time is flying by. So I was reading your posts and saw that Etta and Justin are moving back to T-town? I have not kept in touch with Etta (except Beth tells me what's going on with them) so I'm excited to hear from them. I'm even more excited they'll be moving here. Tell her hello for me and we have a house in our neighborhood for sale. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey - it's been almost a week. What are you thinking??
DC

Scarlett said...

Yes about posting on my blog. I sent the invitation thing b/c I thought that's what I had to do to let others know that I'm on blogspot. I have no idea what I'm doing! :) How do I make links to my friends blogs?

Scarlett said...

okay, i figured out how to place a link of your blog onto my page. I did it wrong before. nevermind