Sunday, June 11, 2006

It's Over!

Well, I know you all really want to see my big mug plastered on here, but this is the only way to make my feelings about the wedding this weekend known:

I'M DONE WITH THE WHOLE THING! It went well. I wasn't as nervous after I ran through a little of it at the rehearsal Friday night. It all went very smoothly. My kindergarten teacher was the director, and she's done TONS of weddings. It was all very organized, and we had discussed precise timing (even going so far as to syncronize our watches). The wedding was scheduled for 6:30, and she wanted the mother of the bride seated at 6:30. So, I started the prelude at about 6:13 and was able to time it exactly to where I could begin the song that the mothers were coming in to at 6:29! It was perfect. People were very complimentary, so I can assume they weren't just trying to make me feel good. One of our elders wives said, "You are the bravest person I know!" That was funny. The bride and her family were happy, and that's all I could've have hoped for. Plus, they made it very worth my while, if you know what I mean!

I think we're going to my parents to try to enjoy some of this good sunshine and swim a little. Have a great day! I know mine will be a little better now that I've got the wedding behind me! Thanks for remembering me and praying about it. I know that was a big help to my nerves.

2 comments:

Gena said...

i knew you could do it!
when will you learn?!?! :)

Maston Jackson said...

You may not know this but your Mom and Dad sang at my wedding. You, I, and many of our kin have served in similar fashion. I am convinced the the movie "The Wedding Singer" should have been about us. Congratulations on a job well done!
Now, prepare for many more invitations to sing. Once your name is in circulation, you will be in big demand! By the way, go ahead and learn, "Thank God and Greyhound She's Gone." You will need it as a joke at a rehearsal dinner. Ask your Dad.