Monday, June 05, 2006

Catching Up...

Wow...having wrist surgery can really slow down a persons blogging! Things are getting much better. I'm pretty much down to only having to wear a bandaid...and something waterproof for bathing. I still have 4 stitches, as you can see from the lovely picture, but the swelling has gone down tremendously. I am supposed to get my stitches out on Thursday, which can't come soon enough for me. They are starting to bug me. I have very high hopes that the surgery took care of the problems I was having before. Praise the Lord!


I've had a hard time over the past several days. A lot of you that read this already know that we lost a young mother that attended church with us. She was 36 years old and died in a car accident on Friday. I used to work with her sister at the drug store, and my husband and parents still do...not to mention that we also worship with her and her husband and her parents. It has just really been weighing so heavily on my mind. I, as a parent, cannot IMAGINE outliving my children! It totally brings me to my knees to even try to fathom it. I have hurt so much for her mom and dad. Her twelve year old son....TWELVE. As if that isn't a hard enough age already, and he's already been through so much in his 12 short years. Her husband, who was driving the car and walked away from the accident...I pray that he will not be haunted by the sights and sounds of that Friday afternoon for the rest of his life. The whole thing has just made me realize once again how fleeting life really is. It's also made me appreciate even more the sacrifice that God made for us by giving us Jesus. It has also made me more aware that we should always be ready to go. God doesn't want us to have to "get ready" he wants us to "live ready." I pray that I will do that. Please pray for the Jones, Parrish, and Smith families. I pray that they will feel God's loving arms around them.

"Why am I so sad? Why am I so upset? I should put my hope in God and keep praising him, my Savior and My God." Psalm 42:5 (NCV)

No comments: