Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Plenty to post about!!

Do me a favor...fight the urge to look at the picture until you've read all the story leading up to it! You'll be glad you waited! You wouldn't want to ruin the excitement!!!

Well, as you've all noticed, I haven't been at a loss lately when it comes to posting. Thanks to my mischievous son, I had a good story to tell yesterday. Well, thanks to God's wonderful creatures, I have a whopper of a story to tell this morning.

I was going out the garage to get something out of the car this morning. When I opened the door, I immediately noticed something was not quite right. Let me start by saying we have lots of random things stored in our garage...First of all, (and this isn't too random) Jarrod keeps a pair of old tennis shoes on the back step that he mows in. The first thing I noticed was that one of them was lying on the ground, nearly under my car. Then, I noticed that Macy's beach chair was lying flat on the ground (it's usually standing up against the wall). Thirdly, we keep our recycle "stuff" beside the back door...there was a box that had been scratched and chewed on. So...obviously, we had an intruder. I was thinking it was probably a cat. Then, I glance over to the other side of the garage...where there ARE lots of random things. I had a paper grocery sack full of baby shower invitations (to explain...a lady that I go to church with used to restock cards and she gave them to me because I'm in charge of the baby showers at church. I cleaned out the trunk of the car and just sat them in the garage against the wall). OK...this paper grocery sack was shredded. There was also a plastic Hibbitt bag with a shoe box inside it...yes, more randomness. This sack was also torn up. So, I'm thinking..."OK...something is going to jump at me any minute. I'll just open the garage door and watch whatever it is go running out to his freedom!" Well, nothing ran out. So, I tiptoed over to the shredded sack to see what I could find. Any guesses? Well....here you go:


THERE WAS AN OPOSSUM IN MY GARAGE ALL NIGHT!!!!!!! How crazy is it that he found that box, chewed through the bag, through the box, moved a shoe, and made himself a little house. Wild! Jarrod was supposed to be home from the fire station any minute, so I called and told him not to pull all the way into the garage because he had a job to do when he got home! So, he got a shovel and pushed the box all the way outside, and the opossum never budged. I took Macy to school, and when I got home, it was still curled up in the box out in the yard!

Well, there's another interesting day in my life! I don't know if my next post will be quite this exciting! I almost hope it isn't!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you guys have a new pet!

Anonymous said...

Oh the horror! The horror! My spine will be creepy-crawly until tomorrow!! I have to say Mer, you were awfully brave to take that photo - that ranks right up there with the Montgomery Specials - maybe even worse. Blleecchhh. Gina.

becky said...

first of all, we had 'possums in our garage at my parents all the time so i just knew that would be it. they are gross little things. i just read your updated post on brady and let me tell you...i thought the 2s were killin me. we are only 3 weeks into the 3s and i need some valium!! at least i have someone going through it with me!! i could start a whole new blog about all the things he has been caught doing lately. i guess i should snap some shots and get to writing!!

Scarlett said...

Awe, he looks sort of cute! At least it wasn't rats like we get about once a year! YUCK! (and I just couldn't fight the urge to look at the picture...I need more patience!)

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS> its even better since you got the pic! hes kinda cute...

Cristin Claire said...

Hah, that's awesome! Now I must admit I would have been scared to death, but that's hilarious that it just stayed cuddled up in the box all day.