Monday, October 16, 2006

Little Devil!

I know, I know...he doesn't LOOK like a little devil! He might look like an abused child (the bruise between his eyes and the chapped spot below his bottom lip), but not little devil! Well, I'm here to tell you... HE'S GOT YOU ALL FOOLED!!! I'm kidding...it's not that bad, most of the time! He is mama's boy, and I don't know what I ever did without him (except maybe stayed a little more sane). He wears me out! This post is soley to solicit your thoughts and prayers! As a lot of you know, he decided to UN-potty train. It's been SO frustrating! I'm not talking about a little regression just as he was starting to figure it out....he just QUIT doing what he KNEW he was supposed to do. He was wearing underwear everywhere...out to eat, Wal-Mart, church, etc. I'm not even sure when it started happening, but somewhere along the way, he ended up back in pull-ups full-time. I blame my own laziness for part of it. I should've not given back in to the stupid pull-ups, but isn't there a time when you just have to make it easier on yourself? Who has time to clean up pee all day??

I am posting this to let you all know that tomorrow, we'll be starting over. Bringing out the training pants and going "potty" every 20 minutes. I HATE it, and we will BOTH need lots of prayers and encouragement! He'll be 3 in Dec., and we WILL have this down by then. It's costing me too much to keep buying the blame pull-ups. Plus, I'll probably be putting him in a mom's day out program a couple of days a week when he turns three, and I'd like for him to be in the "potty trained class!"

I'll take all the encouragement you're willing to offer...along with any advice from those of you that have potty trained a knot-headed little boy!

3 comments:

Gena said...

unPotty Trained Knot Headed Little Boy = Riley Killen...

I suffered long with that child. He is now safely potty trained in the 2nd grade (well, he was by about 3 1/2)You've probably heard the story. Hang in there. We didn't revert, we just didn't get it in the first place. Stubborn, mind of their own, you can call it what you want but i believe that boys will be boys and just TrY not to stress. I will pray for you :)

Anonymous said...

boys are just soooo stubborn! i love mine, but dang. the only thing i ever did with luke is not give him a choice. he wears pullups for nighttime, but that is it. he has been pottying in public now that he started his MMO program. maybe he just needs some peer pressure (even though that would have never worked with Luke!!) hang in there!

Meredith said...

Thanks girls. We haven't gotten the start I wanted to this morning becasue I forgot I had to take Macy to the dentist. I'm about to try it from now until nap time (a couple of hours). I hope he doesn't go through all the training pants we have between now and then! I knew boys were harder, but what has frustrated me is that he HAD it and then quit!!