Friday, July 06, 2007

More Baking!!

Well, the time has come for me to show yet another couple of cakes! Yes, I said "couple" because I've gone completely mad! I always think that the cakes I make look small...never mind that they are made from a regular cake mix that would fit into a 9x13...they just don't look like they would feed many people. For that reason, there have been more than 1 of Macy's birthday's that I've made 2 cakes. One year, I think it was the year I made the Dora cake, I also just made a regular sheet cake. The year I made the butterfly, I actually made 2, and I don't even think we cut one of them!! So, this year...what did I decide? That we needed more than one, yet again. There are going to be a lot of adults at this party, and she's invited more friends than she has in the past...so.....

She had already decided on a beach theme. The cake she wanted was a palm tree. After thinking about the fact that I needed something else...I decided to pull down the soccer ball pan from last year and create...you guessed it...a beach ball. At this point in my "parenting career," I've made several birthday cakes. I'm getting a little more lazy than I used to be. This year, I used a bigger star tip so I wouldn't have arthritis by the end of the day! There are also a few more little holes where you can see the cake peeking through...so don't look too closely! That being said...we're ready for the party tomorrow. All that's left now is for you to feast your eyes on the cakes! Ta Dah!!

5 comments:

becky said...

if i were a good mom, i'd bake my kiddos cakes!! but alas, walmart has been there to help me out. however, i have bought the little press thing so you can do cool icing, so this year...maybe backyardigans (i think i saw a pedro pan.)

Julie Young said...

How awesome is that! How in the world do you do that! I am not creative at all and that just blows my mind how you can do that.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

you are talented! im so impressed!

Scarlett said...

Way to go! I took that cake decorating class a while back and this is my goal- to do my kids' birthday cakes as long as they'll let me! They look great!

Gena said...

most impressive! you are talented. ever thought about doing that for a little cash?