Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Throw Back to American Idol

DISCLAIMER: If you didn't follow American Idol, or if you cannot even stomach the thought of country music, this post is not for you!

Well....I've got to say that, for the most part, I really enjoyed the CMA Awards last night. I don't listen to country music nearly as much as I used too, but I tuned in last night because I am fond of several of the people that were scheduled to perform. Then, I heard that Carrie Underwood was nominated for some of the "biggies." "Jesus, Take The Wheel" was nominated for a couple of song awards (which Brooks and Dunn beat out with the song that just wouldn't go away...but I'm happy for Craig, Brad!!). She was also nominated for the Horizon Award and Female Vocalist of the Year! Now, I know Martina McBride has won this award 4 times in the past. Here was her competition: Martina McBride, Sara Evans, Gretchen Wilson, and Faith Hill. SHE WON! She beat out these women that are all so great (with the exception of Grethen Wilson, in my humble opinion). I was glad for her...I've followed her since her American Idol days! So, here's my little shout out to American Idol and Carrie Underwood! Not to mention that she also took home the Horizon Award....also some stiff competition in that category!


OH, and speaking of American Idol, did anyone notice who it seemed Carrie had brought along for her date? Remember him?


Anthony Fedorov! Pretty good picture, huh? I'm looking forward to kicking off another season in January...right? I think that's when they start showing all the crazy auditions! They came to Birmingham this year! I can only imagine the people they'll pull out to make Alabama look like a bunch of rednecks! Great!

3 comments:

Gena said...

awesome for carrie! and that so much didn't look like anthony! did he used to wear glasses? are they an item?

Meredith said...

Yes, he used to wear glasses. I don't know about their "relationship status," I was just a little surprised to see them together!

Meredith said...

Thanks...I don't remember exactly where I got it without looking again. I just googled "free blog templates."