Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Importance of Prayer

Are y'all ready for another post from my devotional book? I've just really been enjoying these daily devo's, and I thought some of you might enjoy them as well. This one really stepped on my toes. I'll be honest, I realize that my prayer life hasn't been what it should be, and this devo was like a kick in the pants for me and exactly what I needed to hear.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Prayer is a powerful tool for communication with our Creator; it is an opportunity to commune with the Giver of all things good. Prayer is not a thing to be taken lightly or to be used infrequently. Prayer should never be reserved for mealtimes or for bedtimes; it should be an ever-present focus in our daily lives.

Daily prayer and meditation is a matter of will and habit. You must willingly organize your time by carving out quiet moments with God, and you must form the habit of daily worship. When you do, you'll discover that no time is more precious than the silent moments you spend with your Heavenly Father.

Dear Lord, I will open my heart to You. I will take my concerns, my fears, and my hopes to You in prayer. And, then, I will trust the answers that You give. You are my loving Father, and I will accept Your will for my life today and every day that I live. Amen.

No comments: