Friday, September 11, 2009

The Motions

I know y'all love how I don't post for 8 months, then when I do, it's more song lyrics. Sorry...these just spoke to me. I heard this song by Matthew West on the way to work this morning, and it struck me as something I really needed to hear.


The Motions

This might hurt
It’s not safe
But I know that I’ve gotta make a change
I don’t care if I break
At least I’ll be feeling something
‘Cause 'just ok' is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions

No regrets
Not this time
I’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I’m finally feeling something

Take me all the way

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

That song hits home to me too. I've been really struggling with that for probably a few years now. I have that song as one of my ringtones. So well written!

Etta said...

I love this song. Such a challenge!