Thursday, December 21, 2006

HO!HO!HO!


Well, here is a picture (although it isn't great) of the baking project that I had going yesterday, and the one that I've done today...who knows if it will be worthy of having it's picture posted! I've worked off and on ALL DAY on a snowman cake. My brother and his wife gave me a very nice snowman cake pan for Christmas last year. I haven't ever used it. They are coming into town tomorrow, so I thought I'd whip up this cake! HA! It is a snowman that stands up! I got it all put together, but my icing was too thin. I was making it work, it just wasn't gorgeous, but it tasted great. So....I had it going pretty good...went to give Macy a bath...came back to the kitchen and the thing had broken in half and fallen over. I tried to put it back together with toothpicks and a lot of icing. I put it in the fridge in hopes that everything will "cement" itself!

This is a picture of the cake pan...followed by what the cake is SUPPOSED to look like:

HAHA! Yeah, right! That is the "easy" version...sprinkle it with powdered sugar. Well, that would be great, but then, how do you cover up the "seems" where you've "glued" the two halves together? We'll just say that mine doesn't look very good. It looks OK from a distance! When I get him out of the fridge tomorrow, we'll see if I can get a good picture of him! Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Gena said...

i loooooovvvveeeedd the cookies. do you know about "spongworthy"? i ask myself- is this moment cookie worthy? i am rationing. i think i need the recipe. or maybe not...

Meredith said...

Thanks, Gena! I am glad they're good...I haven't even tasted them!

becky said...

those are cute! i need the recipe and i need to know how you get the icing to look like that? i'll need a recipe for the icing too.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

wow! you are fab!