Friday, September 22, 2006

Our latest family drama!


Two days in a row...can you believe it?? I thought that since blogger was finally letting me post pictures, I would share the one I mentioned in my post from yesterday. Pretty sweet.

Well, I thought I'd share the latest excitement from around the Wallace household. Wednesday afternoon, it was such a nice day, the kids wanted to go into the back yard and play after school. I sent them out, but I was working on some things in the house. I usually don't stay out there with them. We have a swing set and a fenced in back yard. I check in on them periodically while they are out. Well, I was headed out to check on them, and I heard Macy crying. She really was mostly whining. She didn't sound like she was terribly hurt. She said that she had been swinging too high and fallen out and hurt her arm. Well, I didn't think it was broken, because she could bend it and squeeze my fingers, etc...So, she kept whining about it, but we went on to church and she seemed fine. Yesterday, she said it felt better, but she really wouldn't use it much (it's her right arm, too) and was holding it kind of up at an angle. Finally, I decided that for my peace of mind, I was going to need to take her to have it x-rayed. I took her on to school this morning (because I couldn't call the doctor's office until 8 to see if they could even see her). Plus, she needed to get her school pictures remade. They said they could see her at 9:30. So, I went back and got her...blah, blah, blah!! All this to say, it's not broken, it's just badly sprained, so she's got to wear a sling at least through the weekend and take Advil every 6 hours. So, I didn't take her back to school. Since it's her right arm, she can't do anything. We're just going to take it easy the rest of the day!!

3 comments:

becky said...

hey...i check to see if you are blogging everyday! is there ever a time when macy isn't cute?

Scarlett said...

Well, you complained about not having anything to blog about. Macy is just trying to give you some more details to your life! :)

Cristin Claire said...

Awe, how sad! Well at least she didn't break it, right? And at least a massive dog didn't attack her on the 4th of July. And at least she didn't run into a glass door face first..... ahhhh, the memories.