Thursday, September 21, 2006

HELLOOOOOO!

Well, since all two of my readers have been after me to post something new, here goes! I guess I'll just update you all on the "goings-on" in the Wallace household. There are really 2 main reasons that I haven't posted lately. 1. I haven't made the time, and 2. I haven't had a topic. So here goes:

Over the last several weeks, we've been busy with school and soccer mostly. Macy is loving school and I'm thrilled for her. I was able to go up there and help a few weeks ago, and it was great. The kids love to have other adults in there. She's really got a very sweet class. I got there on that Friday morning, and they were all very happy to see me (although I only knew a couple of them, you would think they'd known me forever). It turned out that it was a good day for me to be there, because I got to be a part of several fun things. They had been talking about bears, so that day, they all brought their favorite teddy bear and we had a teddy bear parade around the school. Also, they had been having show and tell that week, and it just so happened that it was Macy's day on Friday, so I got to be there for that (she took the picture that they took in the castle with Cinderella at Disney World). But probably the most surprising part of the day came fairly early in my visit. Most of you know that Macy's teacher is our preacher's wife, so we already had a relationship when school started. I guess that's why she felt she could do this to me:

It's about 9:30 or so, and the kids are in PE. Summer asked me how long I was planning to stay. Well, most of the time, they just hope that the helper can stay until at least 11:30 or so, but if you can stay longer, they appreciate that too. Since Jarrod was off that day, and I didn't have to make any kind of arrangements for Brady, I told her I could stay all day if she needed me. She proceeded to tell me that she would LOVE that because she was hoping that she could leave school early to go to Georgia and help her daughter pick out her wedding dress. SO...she left at 1:00! Yes, that's right! School isn't out until 2:50. People, let me tell you, I do NOT have the personality that one needs to be a kindergarten teacher. I'm not sweet. I'm sure you are all shocked about that! HAHA Seriously, the two kindergarten teachers that those kids are used to are STICKY SWEET and can put up with all kinds of crap! I'm NOT one of those people. It went fine, though. I probably wouldn't have agreed to do it if there had been a lot of "classroom" things left to do, but all that was left was recess, snack, and rest time. Summer got their snacks ready while we were at recess, so all we had to do was come in and wash up. Then, rest time was a movie in the other kindergarten classroom. But, while they were in there, I was printing out/copying the newsletter, getting all their papers stuffed in their folders, putting check marks in their folders, and making sure that all their teddy bears were with their things. I was tired and was reminded why I didn't become a teacher! I REALLY did enjoy it, though! And, I must not have been horrible, because the next week, when I went up there to eat lunch with Macy, all the kids were very happy to see me! I am so glad that Macy wants me there...I will cherish those times, because it will soon be to the point where she wants me to drop her off a mile from school!!

Also, over the last few weeks, we've been to Tuscaloosa a couple of times. Jarrod's sister and her family live there now, and his parents have season tickets to the games, so we went two weekends in a row to the first couple of home games. It was fun. Jarrod and his brother-in-law went to the game, and me, Etta, and the kids hung out at the house. It was nice. It's so great that they just live 2 1/2 hours away now. This is the closest they've lived in their 5 year marriage. We're going back again this weekend after Macy's soccer game for Justin Michael's first birthday! Time flies!!

Also, I have been very busy in my house. I haven't taken the time to do much on the computer at ALL lately because I've desperately been trying to "de-clutter" this house. I can't believe how bad it had gotten. I finally decided enough was enough and flew into it like a mad woman. It's done! I have one room left that is going to be a challenge, and it's the office. I'll get to it soon. I've got one more load of laundry to do, and I'll be done. It's so nice to be able to spend time sitting here typing this and not feel guilty because I should be working in the house!!

OK...I've come to the end of this novel. I will be surprised if anyone even makes it to this point in the blog! All is well with the Wallace's. The kids are doing good and love each other so much. I'm so lucky that (so far) they don't fight much, but they love on each other a lot. I couldn't help but snap a picture of Macy reading to Brady last night, but wouldn't you know, blogger won't let me post it. Maybe next time. Hope you all have a great day, and I'll try not to wait so long about posting my ramblings next time!

2 comments:

2coopers said...

if you would post every few days, you wouldn't have to write a novel you know...
glad all is well

Gina said...

Ha - I can just see you with those kids - makes me laugh!! I'd be nuts, of course - sounds like you did great!!