Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Hate Blogger!!

So, let me start by saying that I spent a good 30 minutes on the computer this morning getting this post together. When I was trying to post my pictures, of course, blogger wouldn't let me. So, I thought I'd save it as a draft and come back later and try again to post the pics. Well, when I clicked the "save as draft" button, it popped up a big error message and I lost the ENTIRE POST! UGH!! So...here goes AGAIN! I've already got the pics posted...I did that FIRST, so maybe I won't have any trouble this time. I just hope I can remember what all I had to say earlier!

This post is all about my kids, so if you're sick of hearing about them, you better stop reading now! I just wanted to talk about each of them a little. Sure, they drive me nuts a lot of the time, but when they're not driving me nuts, they're making me laugh. They are such a joy, and I'm so lucky to be blessed with 2 funny, smart, loving, imaginative, creative, wonderful, and happy kids (I could list more adjectives, but I could've already overdone it!).

Let's talk about my first born. She is a live wire! What a funny girl, when she's not being a complete smarty pants! Boy, are the teenage years going to be fun!! Yikes! I am enjoying the relationship that we've already built in 5 short years. I pray daily that we will continue to have a good mother/daughter relationship. The thing that I'm really enjoying about her right now is watching her learn. She has always been eager to learn...enjoying mostly educational toys, workbooks, etc... Watching her learning to spell is fun! She's REALLY into spelling right now. She hasn't got it all figured out just yet, but she's trying so hard! For example, she wants to spell everything...even in conversation. She'll ask me, "M-o-m-m-y, when is s-o-c-c-e-r practice?" HA! Also, the worksheets that she's brining home from school bring a smile to my face! There are blanks underneath different pictures. In the blank, she is supposed to write the letter that the picture starts with. Well, she's taken it upon herself to write the word. Here are a few examples: appel (apple), trky (turkey), helukoptr (helicopter), and popskel (popsicle). I love it! The neat thing is, I think I would know what she was spelling even if I didn't see the picture with it. What fun to see their minds grow!!
Now....Brady! This child is gonna be the death of me! He is full of energy and his mouth never stops running! You never know what's going to come out of his mouth, and that scares me... especially after our trip to Wal-Mart on Monday. I don't really know if I need to actually spell this out, but I'll just say that he has recently discovered the major difference between boys and girls, and he thinks that he should explain it to everyone. Now, I never know when he is going to feel this need, so I can't ever get prepared for it!! He informed the cashier at Wal-Mart that he has a (insert proper word for male genitalia here). I guess he thought that she might not know. Well, I tried not to just get on to him and cover his mouth and make a big deal about it. She laughed and told a story about her own son. Well, when we were leaving, I told Brady that he didn't have to tell people that because they already knew. To this, he calmly and innocently responded, "Oh." A few days earlier, he had taken it upon himself to inform my mother that she "didn't have a (insert above mentioned word)." Great.
I guess my reason for this post was to remind me what a joy they are! Although there are days that I feel like I'm ready to give them away, I can't imagine what I ever did for entertainment before they came along!!! Have a great day!

7 comments:

becky said...

my mama always says (and i completely agree) when they are good, they are sooooo good. but when they are bad...well....

Gina said...

Meredith, every time I try to post moving tips for Holly, Blogger eats them, soI know what you mean.

Did you actually teach him the real word?? We say weenie here at home, and I'm glad I don't have a girl, because there's no cute word for that...

You know one time, Duncan pointed directly to my boob and announced to Faulkner's Dean of Arts and Sciences "That's the baby's food." in a nice loud voice, of course.

God lets stuff like that happen just to keep us humble. Oh, I am sooooo humble!! Hope you are having a great day!

Meredith said...

Yes, Gina, we did teach him the real word. We decided before he was born that we were going to. Lately, I've been wishing that we'd made up something totally crazy so that no one would know what he was talking about!!

Amy F said...

use our word. BB. no joke. pronounced "bee-bee." no one knows what we're talking about. plus, it's unisex. and our boob word is berber. works great. :) it's not copyrighted so feel free. ;)

Maston Jackson said...

Meredith, I would rethink that "BB" suggestion. Daisy makes these .177 caliber steel shot that go by the same name. You know that Papa will be introducing Brady to the manly art of shooting soon. I wonder how much confusion there will be when he is presented with his "first" BB gun.
LOL!
Trust me, naive public discussion of anatomy will soon rank among the innocent of issues with which you will deal.

Amy F said...

It only got MORE confusing when one of my best friends married a guy whose nickname is BB. She plans on Reagan marrying her daughter. So, now Reagan has privates AND in-laws he calls BB. Actually, that might be quite the irony.

Scarlett said...

Girl.........I dread those days to come!