Monday, March 03, 2008

Remember Me?

Well, it's been a while, I know! I thought it only fitting to follow up my last post with a video of Macy performing part of it. The song was in our children's play called "Power" that they performed this past weekend. They did a great job, and put LOTS of time and effort into preparing for it! This video (assuming I can get it on here) is of Macy (singing first) and another friend, Annsley, singing the first verse. The quality isn't as good when I transferred it to youtube...oh well. Even though the quality isn't great, you can still see Macy trip on the way back to the risers. It was really kind of funny...especially if you'd been able to see the look on her face! I'm sure there was a better way to post this video, but I'm not very computer savvy. I tried to used blogger's video "thing," but my file was too big! Anyway...this is as good as I could get it...

Also, I had to bake a cake for Dr. Seusses (is that the plural of "Seuss"?) birthday today. Macy's teacher is a HUGE Dr. Seuss fan, and she always celebrates his birthday in a big way. She asked me to make a cake, and here's what I came up with:

I was happy with it...especially since it was the easiest cake I've ever made! All I did was cut a little off the sides of a 9x13, and there you have it! And only 2 colors! Wow...I didn't know a cake could be done that quickly! Instead, I'd rather torture myself and try to see how difficult it can be!!

I'll try not to go so long between posts next time! I know, I always say that! But, with the upcoming events I've got...ladies retreat, Upward conference, and Brady starting to play Upward soccer...I should have plenty of material to pull from! Have a great week!

7 comments:

Julie Young said...

Macy did very good with her little solo. The whole performance was very good!

Bethany Patton said...

Good to see a new post, I thought you had given up on the blogger thing.

Gena said...

i love macy's voice. she was so fun and easy to work with. you have a precious one there. love you.

becky said...

you are so smart. and macy is awesome! no fear at all!!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

That was so cute! She's such a big girl, isn't she? Glad to see you're still alive. :)

Anonymous said...

i love that song! they both did such a great job.

LucisMomma said...

Macy did a great job on her solos! So proud of her.

Your cake looks great!