Wednesday, August 08, 2007

First Grade Girl

Well, it's hard to believe, but today was Macy's first day of first grade! She was very excited. It's so different from kindergarten. Now, she knew her classmates, so it was like she was going back to see friends instead of going into a brand new situation! She was thrilled to be in the same class as several of her classmates from last year. She was especially glad to be back in class with her best friend, Abby. Here are some pictures that I took this morning. I still have to post about our trip to the aquarium in Chattanooga last weekend. Hopefully, I'll do that soon. Have a great rest of the week!!

Here she is ready to go to school:
Here she is outside of her new classroom:
Macy and Abby:

And, my personal favorite, Brady telling his "Sissy" goodbye:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!! But, she does just look too big and grown, especially with her haircut. I'm sure she had a great day.


etta

Amy F said...

It's happening too quickly!!!!!!!!!!! Whose class is she in? I know she had one picked out. My older ones start next Thursday - FIFTH GRADE! And Reagan starts K-4 on the 20th. That will be hard - it's 5 days a week. I'll be crying with you. What about Brady? Is he doing pre-school?

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

hey cute haircut! moving up so fast! it scares me, really. ;)

Meredith said...

Amy...she's in Julie Mithell's class, and we're really happy about it. She had a great first day. Brady will be going 2 half days at Kings Kids (Woodmont Baptist). I'm thinking about putting him in 3 days, because my part time work has picked up some...we'll see. I'm still unsure about it!!

Bevin said...

She's just so cute and looks so grown up!!

Julie Young said...

Too cute!! You always take the cutest pictures.