Monday, January 15, 2007

The Traveling Penguin

This is the name of the book Macy will be studying at school this week. We were asked to make a suitcase out of a cereal box, so that as they study this book, they can stop in different "countries" and put something from each "country" in their suitcase. Now, I am what I like to call "creativity challenged." I was a little worried about this project. Now, this is a holiday, and I refused to go to Wal-Mart and spend a lot of money (well...ANY money for that matter) on a bunch of stuff for this project. Considering my "challenge" and the fact that I used only stuff I had around the house, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out! Behold, the suitcase!


There are just a few touches of glitter glue around a few of the flowers...you can't really see that in the picture. I am a little jealous that one of my friends (though she did go to Wal-Mart) hot-glued a drawer pull on the top of hers for a handle! I had to settle for some ribbon!

In other news, I start back to work VERY part time tomorrow. Brady will start pre school Tues. and Thurs. from 9-1, and I'll work during that time (at my old stomping ground...insurance office of a local home health care business). I'm looking forward to it, and I think Brady is really looking forward to school. He'll do great, but I am having a little trouble believing that he's old enough to go! My babies are just growing up too fast! Macy will cheer at her first "jr. pro" basketball game on Saturday! Pictures to come. Have a good week...AMERICAN IDOL IS BACK!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

7 comments:

Etta said...

Hey! The suitcase turned out so cute. I can't wait to hear about cheerleading. Good luck at work. Let me know how everything goes. We'll talk soon.

Bevin said...

I think the suitcase is really cute!!

Bevin said...

I think the suitcase is really cute!!

Lala said...

Well I think the suitcase turned out just precious!!! Brady is going to school- I cannot believe it. Sophie turns 5 on Friday and I am really struggling with that one. I can't believe how fast they grow up. Good luck returning to work and I hope to see you all soon!

Cristin Claire said...

Oh, it looks so cute! That is way better than I could have ever done. I cannot believe Brady is getting so big! He was barely talking last time I saw him. And cheerleading? What's happening? I'm pretty sure time is actually speeding up. Good luck with the job!

Anonymous said...

Cute suitcase. That's such a neat idea to do in the classroom. She has a great teacher... :)

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

very good job! Im impressed.