Sunday, August 20, 2006

Update

Well, it's hard to believe that we're about to start our third week of school, and I haven't reported anything! Things are going great. Macy is loving school and making lots of new friends. Her teacher tells me that she is behaving, so that's also great news. Her favorite things are PE and chapel. I hope that she continues to be excited about learning. So far, she has told me the past 2 weekends that she didn't want to go back to school (but I could read her mind, and what she really meant was, "I don't want to get up before 7:00!") But, once Monday comes, she's always excited. Trust me, I don't like getting up at 6:30 everyday either, but you do what you gotta do! It's been good for me too. I started going back to the Y. I drop her off at school and go straight there. I even lost 3 pounds last week! Yippie! Thanks to those of you who have asked about Macy over the last couple of weeks!

I have to post a few pictures from a spur of the moment trip me and the kids took yesterday with Mimi and Papa (mom and dad). Ethan had just gotten home Friday night from a 3 week training session in Chicago, so we wanted to see him and Sam, of course! That baby is a doll...and he is really looking like his cousin Brady (who is also a doll, I might add)! Even Ethan and Lisa say that they can see more of Brady in him everyday!

He LOVES when his Mimi swings him...mostly, he just LOVES his Mimi!!

Gotta start 'em early! He likes playing the guitar with Papa!

Sam, Ethan, Brady, Mimi, and Macy after dinner.

There was one more picture I was going to share...but surprise, surprise...blogger isn't cooperating. Then, I decided it's better to save it for another post anyway! It'll give me another topic to blog about and maybe it won't be another 3 weeks before I blog again!

Gotta go get the school girl (and her tired old mom) in the bed!!

6 comments:

Amy F said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!! SAM IS BEAUTIFUL!! I cannot believe how much he's grown. He is...pretty. Can I say pretty? His eyes...Oh my goodness. Please tell Ethan I said I cannot believe he's a daddy but I bet he's a great one.

Amy F said...

...AND i love his romper!!!

Amy F said...

...AND I'm so glad school is going well. Isn't it great to know they're loved and taken care of? I'm with you on the morning thing, though. It's 6:00-rising for us.

Gina said...

Meredith,
Just wanted you to know how much I love reading your blog. I am SO glad Macy is loving school - we are having a TERRIBLE time with our first public school experience. Huge incentive for us to save, save, save!!! We've got to get him back to ACA!
Love you!

2coopers said...

cool stuff my slacker friend...

Shannon and I are going to St Louis next week so we are pumped about that...

and tomorrow is Andrew Peterson at our church so again pumped...

I hope all is great with you and everyone...

oh , by the way, i think i'm gonna get up around 9 or 10 tomorrow morning

Gena said...

everybody in your family is beautiful!
i was at school the other day and felt someone peck my back- there was Macy grinning ear to ear. kids are so funny when they see someone they know somewhere else.
keep the pics coming!