Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My favorite day!!

You might know this about me already, but I am a sucker for the 'ol e-mail surveys! I can't pass them up! If I get one that has even one or two questions on it that I've never seen, you better believe I'm going to pass it on! I apologize to those of you who hate them, yet continue to receive them from me! Anyway, if you've gotten one from me that poses the question, "What is your favorite day of the week?", my answer is always "Wednesday." Not Saturday, like most, but Wednesday. It's probably one of my more hectic days, but in the end, it's the best day of the week. It seems that no matter how hurried my day has been, if I can get myself to worship, it all just melts away.

I am so blessed to worship with my brothers and sisters at Cross Point (formerly known as Darby Drive, for those of you who might not know!). I love our Wednesday night assembly SO much that it has become the highlight of my week. I think it has really become the highlight for many of our number. I guess it's been about 2 years ago that we started "Peak of the Week" and is has just gotten to be a great blessing to so many! The songs we've learned...they are worded in such a way that I feel like I am speaking to my Lord directly from my heart! I LOVE to sing them with my family!! It is such an intimate setting where people feel more free to worship with hands held high, if they choose, and it makes me so happy! I love getting there early, as hard as it might be with the kids, and singing with my brothers and sisters that I have grown closer to and come to respect more than ever since our "group" has been formed. My kids can't wait to worship...they are excited about "going to church!" I pray that they will always have that attitude and that our worship will continue to grow and change and be the kind of setting where everyone will feel the presence of God!

Go and have a blessed Wednesday!!

No comments: